Monday, May 23, 2005

Support our Troops Loops

I read the bumper sticker, "Support our troops!" Then I read about the number of "troops" killed because their vehicles aren't equipped with the armor that would save their lives.

I read, "Support our troops!" Then I read about the shortage of body armor, which would save their lives.

I see "Support our troops!" Then I see the number of Generals who say we do not have enough "troops" in Iraq to properly accomplish the mission and lower the casualty rate.

I read, "Support our troops!" Then I read about a reservist who is one day an auto mechanic and three weeks later is an MP guard at Abu Grabe---without even minimal training---and accused of abusing prisoners.

I read, "Support our troops!" Then I read about the cutting of veterans' benefits by our Commander-In-Chief.

I see the loop "Support our troops!" Then I see the story where the administration that sent our "troops" to overthrow the brutal regime of Iraq-is denying millions in compensation to our "troops" who were brutalized as prisoners in Iraq during the first Gulf War.

Too bad all those patriots with the yellow loops on their bumpers don't demand that George Bush "support our troops!"

No comments: